|Job Category||Technology and Change|
|Full time / Part time||Full time - 35 hours per week|
|Permanent / Temporary||Fixed Term 12 Months|
|Location||303 Bridgewater Place, Birchwood Business Park, Wa36XF / Remote working|
|Shift||Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (flexible start and finish times)|
|Salary||Competitive plus benefits|
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. Find out about what we do and our benefits here! Vaultex – About Us & Benefits
At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
The IT Test Analyst will be required to work with the IT Applications Test Team to assist with the preparation of test plans and the testing of software in line with company guidelines and standards. Testing will include validation, integration, system and performance testing of software in a Windows environment. The role must provide support for the planning and execution of test activities, working within the agreed IT processes, in order to ensure robust and high quality solutions to the end-user community.
- Performance related bonus
- A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
- Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
- Produce Test Plans and Test Scripts for functional, integration and performance testing of applications, databases and infrastructure builds.
- Produce and present test and quality documentation for quality gate reviews.
- Provide time and effort estimates for testing activities.
- Utilizes testing knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the practicality of testing process alternatives.
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues.
- Takes responsibility for the production of testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project.
- Carry out validation, integration, system and performance testing of software, both functional and non-functional on both applications and SQL databases, as well as testing infrastructure builds.
- Takes responsibility for all phases of testing and the management of the testing activities within a development project.
- Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Record results in summary and detailed format and communicate those results as appropriate to all levels.
- Record and manage defects.
- Work closely with developers to investigate the causes of defects and help develop solutions.
- Work closely with Change Management to ensure testing is conducted in line with business requirements.
- Become proficient through training from SME’s in the testing of Vaultex core system CCS
- Maintain control of test environments and releases into test and production environments.
- Identify opportunities to improve the testing process.
- Error identification, investigation and resolution.
- Assist the service desk and system developers in the investigation of support calls.
- Support the Business Analysts and System Designers in delivery or robust designs and testable requirements
Skills required (Essential – E, Desirable – D)
- ISEB qualified (E)
- Demonstrable, software testing experience (E)
- Experience working within a formalised test and development framework.(E)
- A good appreciation of Quality Control and Configuration Control processes.(E)
- Experienced in testing SQL database and applications in a MS Windows environment.(E)
- Proven experience in understanding end-user needs and testing accordingly(E)
- Experienced at testing end user focused web &/or rich client applications(E)
- Good communication skills and a flexible team player.(E)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies(E)
- Ability to work well on own or as part of a small team, sometimes in a pressurized environment.(E)
- A proactive self-starter, willing to drive issues to resolution with appropriate persistence and persuasiveness.(E)
- Knowledge and experience of Team Foundation Server, MS Test Manager, Quality Centre or similar Test Management and Defect Management tools.(D)
- Able to identify business opportunities, and be aware of the associated risks.
- Able to anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed.
- Good communication skills suitable for the liaison with departmental staff and senior management. Demonstrate good communication, both verbal and written, with colleagues, clients and customers including test related reports and documentation.
- Good at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Understands and promotes Vaultex strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operates.
- Able to analyse and solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks, and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Be responsible for own decisions.
- Act in a professional manner, and exhibit the required behaviour that should act as an example to other employees. Good at identifying goals and objectives, and motivating others towards their achievement.
- Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client requests. Working locations may include a variety of BPP and client sites. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
- Dedication to quality and meticulous approach
- Familiar with general IT related competencies (infrastructure or applications). Familiar with methods and techniques for structured reviews.
- Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
- Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!