|Full time / Part time||Full time|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Location||Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6XF|
|Shift||Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00|
Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processing company with sites nationwide. As a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC, we process in excess of £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and customers, adhering to standards set by the Bank of England and the Note Circulation Scheme. If laid end-to-end, the note inflow we process would stretch to the moon and back!
Our mission to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management is underpinned by pinpoint accuracy and the design of bespoke solutions for our customers. As an award-winning employer focused on enabling on-going professional development and a healthy work-life balance, we believe in giving our staff a career and not just a job.
Learn more about us at: https://vaultexuk.com/about-us/
At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
We have recently launched our Diversity Strategy which focuses on the 4 ‘S’ approach below
- Speaking up about discrimination
- Sharing and educating
- Standing for what is right
- Shape our future
The Test Analyst will be required to work within the Commercial Technology Test Team and will be required to work within Agile teams driving best test practice in line with departmental standards. The Test Analyst will be a champion of quality across the department and will play a key part in shaping our processes and delivering our Agile transformation.
- Work with an Agile test environment as part of a collaborative team to ensure Sprint goals are achieved
- Produce test artefacts for functional, non-functional, integration and performance testing of applications, databases and infrastructure builds, when required
- Provide time and effort estimates for testing activities during a sprint
- Facilitate 3 Amigo sessions to ensure backlog grooming is completed effectively
- Carry out validation, integration, system and performance testing of software, where required, for both functional and non-functional requirements on applications and SQL databases, as well as testing infrastructure builds
- Identifies opportunities for test automation, works in conjunction with other TA’s to bring test automation into the process
- Defect management using JIRA / Confluence
- Test execution processing via Zephyr
- Coach and mentor junior members of the testing team
- Own and constantly challenge the test process in their Agile teams and across the department
- Drive test innovation, looking for new tools and techniques that align with our strategy
Why should you apply?
- We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status. As such, we have a great range of benefits, which include:
- A generous company pension- all employees are auto-enrolled onto a scheme whereby 4% from your salary is matched with a 10% employer contribution (other options available)
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- 25 days annual leave, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- VaulteXtra – offering discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, re-loadable cards to spend in store and eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Robust learning and development department offering opportunities for career progression.
- A company culture underpinned by our CSR programme which welcomes and rewards innovative ideas, outreach into the community through charity work, and a celebration of our diverse workforce.
- Strong experience of Agile Testing Methodologies with the ability to deliver robust testing solutions within Sprints
- Good automation knowledge with the ability to look to automate UI, Database and API testing, via various tool sets.
- Ability to facilitate / contribute to 3 Amigo Sessions
- Have the skill set to be able to estimate User Stories and provide strong rationale behind the estimate
- Be instrumental in being able to define “Done” as part of each Sprint
- Be able to mentor and coach others on test methods and technologies
- The ability to understand which issues raised are the most important and be able to prioritise them for fixing
- Good knowledge of SQL Server including testing data flows through systems, transformation, data reconciliation and data interrogation across the whole stack.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- API testing using tools such as SoapUI / PostMan
- UI testing experience
- UAT testing (internal and external customers)
- Ability to work well on own or as part of an Agile team
- Knowledge and exposure to service readiness requirements and service embedding from QA to UAT and onwards to production
- Risk based testing experience
- Ability to plan and test infrastructure builds.
- A proactive self-starter, willing to drive issues to resolution with appropriate persistence and persuasiveness.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!