|Full time / Part time||Full time|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Reporting||Software Development Manager|
|Salary||Competitive + Excellent benefits|
Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processing company with sites nationwide. As a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC, we process in excess of £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and customers, adhering to standards set by the Bank of England and the Note Circulation Scheme. If laid end-to-end, the note inflow we process would stretch to the moon and back!
Our mission to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management is underpinned by pinpoint accuracy and the design of bespoke solutions for our customers. As an award-winning employer focused on enabling on-going professional development and a healthy work-life balance, we believe in giving our staff a career and not just a job.
Learn more about us at: https://vaultexuk.com/about-us/
The Developer role is responsible for developing quality software and providing third line support of solutions in production.
Developing quality software involves clarifying business requirements, helping to determine how the overall solution will work as guided by the product vision, target architecture and solutions design, following development standards, principles and patterns and making sure all code is adequately tested before being handed to the QA team.
The support side of the role may involve being a part of incident and problem management processes to ensure our services are restored and our customers continue to receive excellent service.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Developing quality software
- Planning, design and documentation
- Supporting solutions in production
- Personal development (new technologies etc…)
Why should you apply?
- We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status. As such, we have a great range of benefits, which include:
- A generous company pension- all employees are auto-enrolled onto a scheme whereby 4% from your salary is matched with a 10% employer contribution (other options available)
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- 25 days annual leave, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- VaulteXtra – offering discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, re-loadable cards to spend in store and eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Robust learning and development department offering opportunities for career progression.
- A company culture underpinned by our CSR programme which welcomes and rewards innovative ideas, outreach into the community through charity work, and a celebration of our diverse workforce.
Skills / Experience Required:
Full-stack development experience with Microsoft technologies, covering:
- .NET Core
- Web API (REST based APIs)
- Object Relational Mapping; e.g. Entity Framework, NHibernate
- Modern UI frameworks; e.g. Angular, React
- Databases – Microsoft SQL Server – Schema design and SQL
Demonstrable understanding of how to develop quality software through:
- Testing frameworks and practices; e.g. MSTest, NUnit, Selenium, performance testing
- Use of appropriate principles and patterns along with writing clean and secure code
- Integrating with monitoring and alerting frameworks
Ways of Working and Tooling:
- Strong experience of agile development practices as part of a delivery squad/cell
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of agile project management software; e.g. Jira, TFS
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of Git based version control systems
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of CI/CD practices and tooling; e.g. TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins…
Transactional/Critical systems and integration:
- Desirable experience developing critical systems in a regulated financial environment
- Desirable experience integrating solutions with APIs and Middleware solutions; JMS, ESBs…
- Desirable experience providing third level support for production systems
- Collaborative, able to communicate effectively with the team on day-to-day tasks and during ceremonies
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and takes pride in work
- Logical, analytical mind-set, able to solve problems without over-engineering.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!