|Job Category||Technology and Change|
|Full time / Part time||Full time|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Shift||Mon-Fri 356 hours per week|
|Reporting||Head of Application Delivery|
|Salary||Competitive + Excellent benefits|
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. Find out about what we do and our benefits here! Vaultex – About Us & Benefits
At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
The Application Delivery Teams are a core component within the overall Technology Function, accountable for the build and maintenance of software and systems within Vaultex’s overall Business Applications estate.
The purpose of the role is to lead one or more delivery teams ensuring that software development, projects and services are delivered in a timely, qualitative and efficient manner, using an appropriate agile project management methodology. This will involve working collaboratively across functions within Technology covering architecture, development, testing, infrastructure and service delivery as well as the Business Operational areas. Work will need to be prioritised collaboratively and dynamically taking into account the capacity and capability of the team whilst also ensuring adherence to the product roadmap, which the Delivery Manager will be involved in shaping.
A technical background is desired due to the technical composition of the team and the nature of the developments, requiring you to understand not just the process, but the components of what is being delivered – you will also be working with a newly formed cross functional team including BAs, Developers, Product Managers and Testers.
- Leading a cross functional delivery team ensuring that the software is delivered in a timely, qualitative and efficient manner.
- Responsible for planning and delivery, focussed on outcomes and committed to deliver the agreed scope of the roadmap against time and quality measures while driving the team to ensure this happens
- Team facilitator. Organises and conducts daily stand-ups, progress reviews, planning meetings. Manages estimation, resource and task allocation within the team.
- Establishes communication channels across all aspects of the Technology Team and wider stakeholder group ensuring interdependencies are understood and managed.
- Resolves conflict and blockers that are hindering progress and creates the right environment, processes and tools to deliver.
- Keeps goals and objectives clear and visible to the team, while providing timely and robust updates to relevant interested parties to ensure everyone remains informed including performance monitoring including task/backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, etc.
- Establishes, embeds and maintains best practices relating to processes, tools and ways of working to improve and enhance efficiencies, as well as drive creativity and delivery capability.
- Performance related bonus
- A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
- Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
- Highly motivated, experienced delivery manager with proven track record of successfully delivering change. (E)
- Delivery minded, determined and outcome focussed, able to proactively prevent and remove blockers and create an environment to succeed. (E)
- Able to understand the delivery and product components at a sufficient level to maintain control of scope, planning, product and development approach. (E)
- Experience of managing and leading small / medium size cross-functional delivery teams, developing capability and tools sets to create re-usable delivery efficiencies. (E)
- Understanding of Jira and Confluence.(D)
- Excellent time management / resource planning skills (E)
- Proven track record and extensive experience in Delivery Management of software delivery or technical delivery projects.(E)
- Strives to meet and exceed customer, project or strategic requirements. (E)
- First class communication skills, verbal & written alongside good analytical skills.(E)
- Excellent team leader, with good technical knowledge and inter personal skills. (E)
- Capability to manage and influence stakeholders at all levels, both within the company and with external parties (E)
- A successful track record in delivering secure, business critical systems in dynamic, fast moving environments (E)
- Minimum of 2 years in a Delivery Manager position (E)
- Understanding of external best practice and tools relevant to the role (E)
- Experience in managing and controlling financial impacts of delivery (D)
- Proven record of building and managing robust relationships with 3rd parties and developing joint capabilities. (D)
- Proven experience of Jira Portfolio, how to use and how to maintain (D)
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!